How To Set Up Your Own Microsoft App (OpenID Connect)
Go to Azure Active Directory, and then go to App Registrations.
Click New Registration.
- Enter a name for your application (we recommend using your organization name).
- Select Single Tenant for the supported account types.
- Set the Redirect URI to:
For the Microsoft Enterprise Provider, please ensure that the account type is Single Tenant
. This restricts login to your domain only, whereas "Multitenant" will allow any Microsoft user to log in.
- Click Register. After the application is created, take note of the Client ID.
- Click on Endpoints, and copy down the following:
- OAuth 2.0 authorization endpoint (v2)
- OAuth 2.0 token endpoint (v2)
- Click on Certificates & Secrets, and then click on New client secret, name the description, set your desired expiry, and then click Add.
- Set a reminder for yourself to replace this Secret before it expires. If the Secret expires, your users will no longer be able to log in with the provider.
- Your Secret value will be generated automatically, and you must copy this Secret value down immediately; the value will be hidden forever if you navigate away from the page, so you must regenerate a new one if the value is lost.
Bread & Butter Setup:
- Go to https://app.breadbutter.io/sign-in/
- Click Sign In and authenticate (or Sign Up make a new account and authenticate)
- Navigate to Providers, then to Default Rules (or Domain Rules and open/create a domain module).
- Click on the Microsoft button under Enterprise Identity Providers
- Choose OpenID Connect for the protocol.
- Enter a name.
- Enter a description (optional).
- Enter the OAuth 2.0 Authorization Endpoint (v2) value from the Endpoints page in Azure.
- Enter the OAuth 2.0 Token Endpoint (v2) value from the Endpoints page in Azure.
- Enter the Application (client) ID from the Overview page in Azure.
- Enter the Client Secret that you generated and saved above.
- Click Save & close.
- Enable Microsoft by clicking the new entry in the Microsoft Identity Providers list