Custom Microsoft Identity Provider
Under Azure services, click on App registrations.
If you don't see it, click on "more services" and search for it.
Click New Registration
Note: Please ensure that the account type is Multitenant. This allows any Microsoft user to authenticate and log in. Single Tenant restricts login to your domain only.
- Click Register. After the application is created, copy and save the Client ID for the last step below.
- Click on Certificates & Secrets, and then click on New client secret.
- Enter a description, set your desired expiry, and then click Add.
- Set a reminder for yourself to replace this Secret before it expires. If the Secret expires, your users will no longer be able to log in with the provider.
- Your Secret value will be generated automatically, and you must copy this Secret value down immediately; the value will be hidden forever if you navigate away from the page, so you must regenerate a new one if the value is lost
Bread & Butter Setup:
- Go to https://app.breadbutter.io/sign-in/
- Click Sign In and authenticate (or Sign Up make a new account and authenticate).
- Go to Settings in the left menu.
- Click on Microsoft under SSO Settings > Social Accounts.
- Select "Set Microsoft for Production".
- Enter a custom name and description.
- Enter the Client ID from the Microsoft setup steps above.
- Enter the Client Secret from the Microsoft setup steps above.
- Click Save.
- Click the checkbox next to your new Microsoft provider to enable it.